The Clinical Academy
Whether you have recently graduated from a BSN program or you are ready to transition to a different nursing specialty, the Clinical Academy supports your professional development, reflecting the highest national standards. We provide an integrated, consistent support structure for mentoring, career guidance and development, and new nurse onboarding—to make sure our nurses are reliably prepared, and inspired and challenged in their work.
Programs for Many Nursing Specialty Roles
Whatever your professional interests, The Clinical Academy has a program for you. We provide a wide variety of programs; from highly specialized and hard-to-fill clinical roles, to leadership development to advanced practice nursing roles.
› Emergency Department
› Perioperative Services
› Critical Care
› Behavioral Health
› Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
› Care Management
› Central Venous Line (CVL)
› Critical Access
› Leadership and Nurse Management
Don’t see what you need? We are continuously developing new programs and specialty tracks. We would love to hear what interests you. Contact us »
The Clinical Academy programs are designed to enable you to thrive. We strive to make your learning and development experience meaningful, rich and beneficial. All of the programs:
- Aim for the highest clinical quality, and patient and nurse safety.
- Are designed to support the nurse’s professional development and effective transition to key specialty roles.
- Are standardized and replicable across our entire health system.
- Are based upon specialty-specific and nationally-recognized standards, and incorporate current evidence. Each program is evaluated and updated annually.
- Leverage clinical simulation as an essential training tool to deliver state-of-the-art, safe learning, grounded in adult learning principles.
- Incorporate comprehensive feedback to measure success and constantly improve.
- Are taught locally, using home facility clinical educators.
- Incorporate trained preceptor support and transition mentors.
- Eligible Nurse Residents should have graduated with a BSN (or equivalent) within the prior 18 months, and have less than 12 months of RN experience.
- Eligible Nurse Fellows (new to specialty) should have more than 12 months of experience in the same facility setting.
Are you ready to join the Clinical Academy? To find Resident or Fellowship jobs within our family, visit: