In October 2019, the annual ANCC Magnet Conference will be held in Orlando, Florida. More than 10,000 nurses are expected to attend the conference.
ANCC Magnet designation "is the highest and most prestigious credential a healthcare organization can achieve for nursing excellence and quality patient care" (2019 Magnet Application Manual). The Magnet and associated Pathways to Excellence designation processes are valuable to help healthcare organizations identify and improve nursing structures and processes. This can lead to enhanced patient care outcomes, improved nursing satisfaction, and increased nurse retention.
Magnet re-designation occurs every four years and requires stories and outcomes about transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice and new knowledge and innovation involving nurses within the ministry. With each re-designation the bar is raised to achieve higher standards of patient care with excellent outcomes. This is in line with our Providence St. Joseph Health mission and values. One PSJH ministry, Providence St. Patrick Hospital (Missoula, MT), will be recognized for a re-designation during this year’s Magnet conference.
Fun Fact: PSJH has 11 Magnet Designated ministries and 4 Pathways designated ministries.
PSJH Ministries with Magnet Designation include:
- Providence Alaska Medical Center (California)
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (California)
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center-Torrance (California)
- PSJH Mission Hospital (California)
- St. Joseph Hospital-Orange (California)
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (California)
- St. Jude Medical Center (California)
- St. Patrick Hospital (Montana)
- Providence Portland Medical Center (Oregon)
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center (Oregon)
- Providence St. Peter Hospital (Washington)
PSJH Ministries with Pathways to Excellence Designation include:
- Covenant Health Medical Center & Children's Hospital (Texas)
- Providence Center for Medically-Fragile Children (Oregon)
- Providence Centralia Hospital (Washington)
- Swedish Ballard (Washington)