Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH), the nation’s third-largest health system and an innovator in digital health, is bringing its top technology experts to the 2019 Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition. PSJH leaders will showcase how the health system’s investments in breakthrough technologies, including artificial intelligence, big data platforms and virtual care, are improving health care delivery and patient outcomes every day.
||Aaron Martin, PSJH Executive Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
Rhonda Medows, MD, President, PSJH Population Health and CEO, Ayin Health Solutions
Dora Barilla, DrPH, PSJH Vice President, Community Health Investment
Sara Vaezy, PSJH Chief Digital Strategy Officer
Kim Swafford, PSJH Group Vice President, Telehealth and Health Technology Strategy
Jimmy Chung, MD, PSJH Associate Vice President, Perioperative Portfolio
Karen Appelbaum, MHA, PSJH Executive Director, Enterprise Access Operations and Technology
Providence St. Joseph Health digital health leaders will lead the following sessions:
- "Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Prevent Physician Burnout," presented by Aaron Martin, PSJH Executive Vice President and Chief Digital Officer. Martin will discuss how AI and natural language processing (NLP) assists physicians with administrative and repetitive processes, helping improve patient service and enable better outcomes. When: Monday, February 11, 3:50-4:20 p.m.
- "Going Deep into Our Communities with an Advanced Data Platform," presented by PSJH’s Rhonda Medows, MD, Executive Vice President and President of Population Health and Dora Barilla, DrPH, Vice President, Community Health Investment. This session will spotlight how PSJH developed an analysis platform that integrates electronic health record data and publicly available information to establish a clear picture of community health needs. When: Wednesday, February 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- "Centralized Provider Data: Foundation for Digital Innovation," presented by Sara Vaezy, PSJH Chief Digital Strategy Officer and Travis Moore, RN, Vice President of Sales, Kyruus. This session will focus on developing a centralized and reliable view of provider networks to effectively meet consumer demand for digitally-accessible provider information and appointment booking. When: Thursday, February 14, 4-5 p.m.
- "Telehealth Reimbursement – The times they are a-changin'," presented by Kim Swafford, PSJH Group Vice President, Telehealth and Health Technology Strategy, and Tim Wright, MBA, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Service Line Development, InTouch Health. This session offers a practical guide to navigating reimbursement regulations and processes as physicians and patients embrace the telehealth revolution. When: Wednesday, February 13, 4-5 p.m.
- "Clinical Supply Chain Integration in a Data-Driven Healthcare Environment," presented by Jimmy Chung, MD, PSJH Associate Vice President, Perioperative Portfolio and Robert Taylor, CMRP, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain, RWJ Barnabas Health. This session will address engaging physicians and other stakeholders in supply chain data management processes that support value-based payment models and achieve true clinical integration. When: Thursday, February 14, 10-11 a.m.
- Lunch and Learn: "New Platforms for Patient Engagement," presented by Karen Appelbaum, MHA, PSJH Executive Director, Enterprise Access Operations and Technology, and Molly McCartney, National Director, US Provider Industry and Chief Nursing Officer at Microsoft. This session will focus on technologies that improve the patient experience and enhance loyalty to physicians and health systems. When: Tuesday, February 12.